How To Sleep Better

by - Tuesday, September 13, 2016


I'm a light sleeper. I've struggled with it all my life. I wake up with a minimal amount of noises, like for example, the sound of my mom opening the living room windows (mind you, between the living room and my bedroom there are two bathrooms and my parents bedroom). In addition to being a light sleeper, there are nights were I'm constantly waking up, manly because my TV was left on or I'm worried about something that's going to take place the next day. 

Lately, I've been having much better nights, as I tried to change my sleeping routine a bit and follow some tips I've seen online. Here are my top 5 tips to sleep better:


1- Unplug 

I've read on a magazine that you should turn off your phone, laptop or tablet one hour before you actually want to sleep, because  the light on the devices makes your brain more alert and consequently you won't be able to sleep at the time you planned to do so. 

2- Take a shower/bath before bed 

I find myself sleeping a lot better if I take a shower or bath before I go to sleep, especially in the winter. You feel super warm and relaxed and next thing you know, you're entering the wonderful world of sleep. 

3-Prepare the next day 

As I said above, I'd wake up in the middle of the night worried about something that was supposed to happen the following day. I was never big on planning for ahead, whether that was translated into choosing the outfit I would wear or packing my school bag. I would always do it on the actual day. That made super stressed out because not only was I much more restricted time-wise, I was also more likely to forget something. Now that I've started planning ahead I'm not as stressed out as I used to be and that results in a better night's seep. 

4- Listen to relaxing music

Listening to soothing music can make you sleep a lot better! I don't do this every night, but when I do, I put on my head phones and listen to really slow and calm songs. After 4 or 5 songs, I turn off my iPod and in 5 minutes, I'm asleep. 

5- Wear comfy pyjamas 

The pjs you wear to bed are extremely important: if they're itchy of made of a more harsh material, it's guarantied you won't be able to sleep well. You need to feel comfortable in your pyjamas so you can sleep the whole night through

You May Also Like

0 comentários

Instagram